This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how EZTrade Holdings Pty Ltd (‘EZTrade’) collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information under the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on qantas.com. We may also issue specific privacy collection notices from time-to-time relating to particular products or services.
Information we collect
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of service you request from us. The personal information may include:
- your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, passport details, image and answer to a security question (for example, mother's maiden name);
- your dietary requirements and health issues which you provide to us in connection with your use of our products and services;
- payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of products and services;
- if you use our website or mobile applications, your geo-location, IP address, mobile telephone number or ID and details of any third party sites that you may have accessed; and
- EZToken Rewards Program membership details.
How we collect information
We may collect personal information about you when you use retail partner products and services or purchase goods, register to be part of EZToken Rewards program, tell us about your preferences, enter into one of our competitions, visit our websites, complete one of our surveys or otherwise interact with us. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. These third parties may include:
- third parties that run competitions and other promotions for us or for which we are the sponsor;
- third parties that provide us with marketing leads; and
- third parties for, with or from whom we provide or receive marketing and data analysis services.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide and administer goods and services, including verifying your identity;
- to provide and operate our competitions, promotions and events;
- to distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers;
- for customer support;
- to facilitate your participation in the EZToken Rewards program;
- to conduct marketing activities, for products and services, or products and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve our products, services and marketing activities and generating consumer insights which may include combining personal information from third parties or public sources (eg Census data); and
- to maintain records and comply with our legal obligations, including laws relating to immigration, customs and border security.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to suppliers and third parties that perform other services for us in connection with the sale and provision of all our goods and services, including third parties who:
- provide customer service and operate call centres;
- conduct market research and analysis;
- provide marketing services;
- provide information technology;
- provide services in the course of investigating a complaint or a security incident; and
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, including to various law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments around the world.
Information on our EZToken Rewards database (including information about users of products and services available to members of our Loyalty Programs) is used for additional purposes to those outlined in the section titled 'How we use your personal information'.
One of the primary purposes of these programs is to provide and market enhanced products and services to you, including the products and services of our partners and other third parties who we believe may have products and services in which you would be interested. Other purposes include assessing membership applications; awarding EZToken; confirming eligibility for and providing services associated with these programs; providing enhanced and personalised benefits and services; understanding your interests and hobbies to enhance your use of the programs; improving our services and customer service, including by means of research, behavioural analytics, product development and planning; and operational management of the programs.
For these purposes, additional information is collected by us through your registration with, and participation in, EZToken Rewards. This information may be collected from you directly or from third parties providing services for the Loyalty Programs or our program partners, such as when you register through one of our program partners or transact with them.
The information may be disclosed to any third party providing services for EZToken Rewards (including products and services available to members), including assisting us in determining your eligibility for, and providing, these products and services, administering the programs, handling and processing membership applications and operating our call and service centres.
When you are logged into your EZToken Rewards account, EZTrade may also keep logs of your use of www.eztoken.io. This information may include date and time of visit, member identifier, membership status, surname, location and actions, for example, pages viewed and pages submitted. We may use this information to monitor the use of, and improve, the information and functions on www.eztoken.io, understand your preferences and provide you with information about products and services and our partners' products and services which we think may interest you. If you are a EZToken Rewards member and are logged into your account, the information we collect may be linked with your personal information.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. This website and associated websites (including those you reach by clicking on advertising) may store cookies on your web browser.
How we hold information and keep it secure
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from our partners or third parties.
When you access your EZToken Rewards membership information, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this website.
Access and correction of information about you
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the details in the section titled 'Our contact details'.
We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will notify you of our reasons for the refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal.
EZToken Rewards members can update their profile information online or by contacting us using the details in the section titled 'Our contact details'.
Privacy complaints and further information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us using the details below. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Our contact details
Write to us:
EZTrade Customer Care
EZTrade Holdings Pty Ltd
Level 3/155 Queen St,
Brisbane City QLD 4000